2013 came without the usual fanfare for me this year. No fireworks at Marina Bay, but there was snow and snowboarding with Daffy and family! 2012 has been a blast, and God has taught me many things, including waiting and being patient on many many things, resting in his grace, guarding my heart and not being afraid, for perfect love cast our fearsand the gospels’ first words were do not to be afraid. Certainly unceasing fruitfulness.Thank you Jesus for…
- A tiring but fruitful first semester in Pittsburgh. It was one of the busiest semesters I have had, but it also taught be alot about my own working styles and what I like and dislike to do, and how to work well with others.
- A very fulfilling summer internship at Burpple in Singapore. It was a tough wait to get an internship with a company but Burpple and co has been very nice to me! Even though I didn’t get to work in Lucasfilm or Microsoft in Singapore and I had to wait a long time, Burpple is still a good experience.
- Hillsong Conference in Sydney and Melbourne. It is certainly fun to go with a huge group of people from our church to support our pastor. He is certainly faithful as I registered for the conference in faith half a year ago without knowing where or what I will be doing. Yet doors were open and I could go to the conference with Dixon and Elisha.
- A wonderful stay in California. It was certainly a right place and right time and divine appointment which allowed me to get to know the Les and his family through Daffy and to stay with them. I will miss the food, the home and the noise! Thank God for giving me the patience and wisdom to make decisions like buying a car.
- Another fun semester in Silicon Valley in which I get to do what I like to do: filming, editing and post-production. Thank God for more than enough time to finish everything which we wanted to do, as well as being able to learn new tools such as Nuke.
- And all the adventures I have had: Mount Kinabalu in Jan, road trip to Florida in spring break, Sydney and Melbourne, Crater Lake, LDI, Death Valley, Lake Tahoe and more.
- And being able to attend all the wonderful concerts like Winter Jam.
Patience also relates to how all my technology seemed to break down. My laptop display wasn’t working and I had to wait very long and after finding 2 places to diagnose, the verdict was the motherboard and display chip is not working. Not worth it to repair so I sold to a repair shop for $100. Haha. The other thing was my tablet’s touchscreen is going cranky. And to think that I managed to survive on a half-broken tablet and no laptop apart from the desktop in school is amazing. Only my phone is still surviving.